Header picture

Header picture

8/31/2020

Glenn Barrett

Congratulations Glen and Lorna for achieving this milestone in your life!

You raised a wonderful large family that blessed Center ward while they were at home. We have been to many events together over the years.  I have been more involved with the Landon family than my wife Stephanie.  First I asked Glen to be my 1st Assistant to the High Priest Group when I was High Priest Group Leader in 1999.  So Glen, you were my right-hand man.  We worked together in our callings until 2003.  Also, for many years I was one of your home teachers.  One companion was Ian Foster.  I don't remember the others.  Maybe it was just him.  Once for a home teaching visit, Jonathan was visiting, and it was also the time for a partial eclipse of the sun.  That was not the most recent nearly full eclipse.  We went to a place in your yard to view the eclipse through special lenses.  Also Ian and I would go into your back yard and sit down at the picnic table as we talked and gave the message.  That is not happening much these days of COVID.  In your house, we found spots to sit at because there were few places to sit at with all the boxes around.  That was unique for us.  If I happen to be driving past, I look to see if Glen is working on the car because that has happened more than once.

Only Glen/Lorna and Lynn/Debbie Skidmore are the only ward members on our speed dial.  So how do you rate?  Just a few weeks ago you (Glen) helped me put together automatic hand sanitizer stations at the Stake Center.  You are better than me mechanically.  You and Russ Ferguson and I did some major raking and sweeping of the leaves at the Starcrest building last year.

Lorna was a counselor or something at West High when our sons Matthew, Ryan, Andrew and Shawn were going there.  I'm sure you helped them out.  I remember David was valedictorian.  You have raised at least two Bishops, last that I have heard.  Thank you for your friendship that we want to continue.  There are not many of us living here from the mid-1980s left in the ward (Landon, Barrett, Skidmore, Durr, Dent, Bottom).  So many others have come and gone.

See you around.
Glenn Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment