Happy 50th Anniversary!
As I stroll down memory lane, I remember the first time I met Glen. He came to the house in the middle of the day. I was working outside pulling weeds in the yard. We chatted for a minute, then he asked if Lorna also liked to work outside. I said, "No, she prefers to work inside the house." Well, when you (Lorna) found out what I had said, I got a real scolding! How was I to know you wanted to impress him?
You were married the year I graduated High School. Following my first year of B.Y.U. I worked during the summer as a B.Y.U. youth program counselor. When it ended, I appreciated being able to stay with you for a few weeks before school started again. It was fun to help make maternity clothes in anticipation of your first baby!
In the summer of 1975, Mother, Dad and I flew to Hamburg, Germany for a visit before you moved back to the states. As I remember, you, (Lorna) took me shopping at a large department store in downtown Hamburg to buy souvenirs. (You also introduced me to Gummibaren). Lisa was three and David was a year old. Dad was a little frustrated that he could not communicate with Lisa because she only spoke German! It was so fun to see David perched on Glen's back in a framed child carrier whenever you traveled!
Our children know your children better than many of the other cousins; mostly because many of them are the same age. It has been great to associate with you over the years.
Lorna, I am glad that we have been able to build a strong relationship now that we are older. I love visiting with you on the phone. Even when I call and you are not available, I enjoy visiting with Glen.
I can't believe that Glen has been my brother for 50 years! He is one of the most patient people I know as well as kind. Seems like he is always doing something kind for someone.
Love you both. Hope it is a special time in spite of the inconvenience of a pandemic!
No comments:
Post a Comment